Cent cols in Ardèche
A 1,350 km circuit with 102 colswith a total climb of at least 24,000 m.
This randonnée was traced by Michel Marcelot from the Club des Cent Cols
The Club des Cent Cols, founded in 1972 and affiliated to the French Federation of Cyclotouring, has prepared this “Randonnée Permanente” based on a simple theme: “One Hundred Cols”. The completion of these one hundred cols will allow you either to join the Club, or to progress with your list in the Club’s “Tableau d’Honneur”.
The route allows you to discover a Département where lovers of winding roads and sometimes severe cols will be delighted.
The circuit, which can be done in six loops, allows you to discover the ArdècheVivaroise, to the north, the Ardèche des Hauts Plateaux dotted with volcanoes, the Ardèche Cevennes and finally, to the south, the Basse-Ardèche with the scent of Provence. Each Ardèche “country” has a strong personality which is expressed by its geology, its flora, its climate and of course its resources. The whole makes up a palette of extremely varied landscapes which can be admired along ancestral roads where it is still good to stroll by bicycle.
Twelve checks are compulsory; they will be carried out at points of course chosen by the randonnéur himself, two controls being carried out in each section (loop); the section numbers are to be entered on the route map.
- Vanosc – Lamastre
- St Julien du Gua – Vernoux
- Saint Agrève – Issarlès
- Vals les Bains – St Remèze
- Coucouron – Loubaresse
- Loubaresse – St André de Cruzières
NB: The randonnée can be done in the form of the following 6 loops :
- Loop 1 : Tournon – St Agrève – Tournon, 247 km, 24 passes
- Loop 2 : Lamastre – Dunière – Lamastre, 211 km, 22 passes
- Loop 3 : Lamastre – Lac d’Issarles – Lamastre, 250 km, 17 passes
- Loop 4 : Privas – Vallon Pont d’Arc – Privas, 302 km, 24 passes
- Loop 5 : Vals les Bains – Masméjan – Vals les Bains, 203 km, 18 passes
- Loop 6 : Largentière – Les Vans – Largentière, 182 km, 15 passes
The itineraries and tracks for these loops will be provided in addition and on request at the time of registration for the general circuit.
- Col du Rouvey
- Col de la Charousse
- Col du Buisson
- Col de la Scie
- Col de la Croix de Peccata
- Col de la Croix de Boutières
- Col de Mezilhac
- Col des Quatre Vios
- Col de la Chavade
- Col du Pendu
- Col de la Croix de Bauzon, etc…
BCN and BPF sites on the route
- Mont Gerbier de Jonc
- Lac d’Issarlès
- Les Vans
- Vallon Pont d’Arc
Rules of the randonnées permanentes
Any participant in this 100 Col Route agrees to respect the rules governing it.
10 rue de Normandie
31120 Portet sur Garonne
Tél : +33 (0)5 61 76 30 12
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org