THE PARTNERSHIP OF THE CLUB DES CENT COLS AND THE FEDERATION FRANÇAISE DE CYCLOTOURISME
The slim ties that unify the Club des Cent Cols and the FFCT trace their existence to the club’ creation.
Jean Perdoux, at that time a member of the directing office of the FFCT created, in the form of an association, a section of the Velo Club d’Annecy in 1972 that he called « Club des Cent Cols ».
In 1991, the Association seperated from the VCA and was adopted directly by the FFCT. And in 1997, the association officially became a Club, under the terms of the association law of 1901. The new Club remained affiliated to the FFCT of course.
In January 2019, on the premises of the FFCT, a dialogue meeting brought together
Christian Proponet, general secretary of the FFCT,
Pierre-Antoine Morin, IT officer,
Gérard Birelli and Bernard Giraudeau, respectively vice-president and president of the Club des Cent Cols.
A first partnership agreement was signed in 2020.
The Club des Cent Cols supplies their database of road cols and rideable off-road ones in France to the FFCT for the website « veloenfrance », the working site of the FFCT for circuits.
- It also supplies descriptions of its Randonnées Permanentes
- Each col on the maps of « veloenfrance » is now validated by the Club’s logo and the caracteristics of the col (road, off-road).
- The FFCT groups on its site all the RPs of the Club des Cent Cols in a coherent menu.
- The club is now a privileged partner of the FFCT, as the presence of its logo alongside those of the other partners shows
The Club and the FFCT amplified this partnership in 2023 by :
- The databases of the road and off-road cols of 10 European countries with 12 000 cols are now integrated in « veloenfrance ».
- A link for map and photographic visualisation for each col is activated.
- 5 of the Club’s new randonnées, titled « en boucles», are added to the group of randonnées permanentes
- The visibility of the « Club des Cent Cols » on the « veloenfrance » site has been greatly improved with the institution of a partnership that profits both parties.
Click on the logos to know more: