THE GREAT HILLCLIMBS OF AMERICA
CLIMB ELEVATION GAIN NOTE
1. Mt. Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii 10,005 feet Sea to summit - the ultimate
2. Mt. Evans, Colorado 7050 ft. Finishes at over 14,000 ft.
3. Mt. Lemmon, Arizona 6300 ft. Soars above Tucson
4. Mt. Graham, Arizona 5689 ft. One of the "sky islands"
5. Sandia Crest, New Mexico 5400 ft. Albuquerque skyscraper
6. Mt. Charleston, Nevada 5200 ft. Leaving Las Vegas
7. Mt. Baldy, California 5000 ft. Rises out of the smog
7. (tie) Mt. Palomar, California 5000 ft. A San Diego tradition
9. Mt. Washington, New Hampshire 4727 ft. Perhaps the steepest of all
10. Mt. Hamilton, California 4500 ft. Silicon Valley icon
Forwarded by Francis Cooke